Dear all,

I have managed to build my own agent successfully after following the subagent
tutorial.

I am now trying to debug this subagent using gdb.  The problem is that gdb is
not stepping into a function coming from the shared libraries of net-snmp when
I request him to do so.

Could you please guide me in order to perform proper debugging of this
sub-agent.

If it helps this is my makefile:

CC=g++

CFLAGS= -g -DHL_LINUX
OBJS = xb-subagent.o

BUILDAGENTLIBS=-L/usr/local/lib -lnetsnmpmibs -ldl -lnetsnmpagent -Wl,-E
-lnetsnmp -lm -lrt -lpthread

all: xb-subagent

xb-subagent: $(OBJS)
        $(CC) $(OBJS) -o xb-subagent $(BUILDAGENTLIBS)

xb-subagent.o: xb-subagent.cpp
        $(CC) $(CFLAGS) -c xb-subagent.cpp

clean:
        rm $(OBJS) xb-subagent

Thanks and best regards,
Chris

HOB Software Ltd
www.hobsoft.com<http:/www.hobsoft.com>
[HOB]

accept liability for any errors or omissions.