Dear Coders,

I am working on a SNMP manager application in linux. I could understand the mechanism of GET, SET requests from the sample apps. However the mechanism of TRAP receiver is quite complex. I unable to understand it and could not find much references on its working. My idea is to use some API to build my own trap receiver rather than using snmptrapd. Is that really possible ? Will you guys be able to help me on this. If API is not available, whether somebody could brief me the necessary steps so that I could start digging myself towards the implementation.

--
Thanks & Regards,
*Krishnaraj D*

"Disclaimer: This message is being sent from Kalki Communication Technologies
Pvt Ltd (KALKITECH). and may contain information which is confidential or
privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender
immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments
without retaining a copy. Any unauthorized use of the content of this message
can expose the responsible party to civil and/or criminal penalties,
and may constitute a more serious offense. Further the company does not accept
liability for any errors, omissions, viruses or computer problems
experienced as a result of this transmission. If you have received this
message in error, notice is hereby given that no representation, contract or other binding obligation shall be created by this e-mail."