Can you paste the end of your configuration run, where it summarizes the
results? The “rocommunity6” configuration directive will be available if
that configuration summary includes “UDPIPv6” in the “Network transport
support:” list - e.g.,

            Net-SNMP configuration summary:

  SNMP Versions Supported:    1 2c 3
  Building for:               linux
  Net-SNMP Version:           5.8.pre1
  Network transport support:  Callback Unix Alias TCP UDP TCPIPv6
UDPIPv6 IPv4Base SocketBase TCPBase UDPIPv4Base UDPBase IPv6Base

How did you build your net-snmp? Is there any chance that you built the
agent/ subdirectory without IPv6 support, and the snmplib/ subdirectory
with IPv6 support? That would cause “rocommunity6” to not work but
“agentaddress udp6:…” would work.

Bill
​