Bill Fenner <fen...@gmail.com>:
> So before, you meant you failed test 31 of the "com2sec directive" suite?

I'm not even sure that's what I saw. My apologies, I'm new to this code and
the test output is somwhat confusing.

> Try "cd testing; SNMP_VERBOSE=2 ./RUNFULLTESTS -v -r T070com2sec" to get
> more detail about why it failed.
>
> Test 30 and 31 could fail if your DNS resolver performs "helpful" NXDOMAIN
> remapping - e.g., does
> > ping no.such.address.
> return
> ping: unknown host no.such.address.
> or does it return something like
> PING no.such.address (92.242.140.21) 56(84) bytes of data.

The latter. I guess that's the problem.

> There's an assumption in the test suite that the DNS server is not insane,
> but of course most home ISPs provide insane DNS servers by default.  Most
> providers give you the option to use a sane one, or of course you could
> change your /etc/resolv.conf to point to a sane public DNS provider.

I have a Verizon FIOS business account.  The rot has spread to more than
"home" service.

This problem should be documented where people running the tests will see it.