On Wed, 25 Apr 2018 09:06:28 -0600 Bart wrote:
BVA> One of the advantages of github over SourceForge is that
BVA> integration with continuous integration (CI) services like
BVA> Travis and Appveyor is easy. Adding such support however
BVA> requires to add proper configuration files and the necessary
BVA> scripts in the source tree. Hence this patch. As one can see
BVA> for Linux all regression tests are run, for OS/X some
BVA> regression tests are run and for MSVC and Cygwin no regression
BVA> tests are run. All four builds pass with this patch. As usual,
BVA> feedback is welcome.

I think that CI would be a great addition. My only concern with the
patch is the changes to simple_eval_tools.sh and whether the
changes might break testing on other platforms and/or older
releases of various platforms.

But I supposed the best way to find out would be to commit the
changes. We might need some discussion on 5.7, but I think it's fine
for master (so it will make it in to 5.8). Why don't you go ahead
an check it in on a new branch. Given some support from other core
devs and not significant objections, I'll merge that branch before
rc1 next week.

Robert