On 05/14/18 08:00, Bill Fenner wrote:
I've committed the following fix to the 5.7-patches branch:

https://sourceforge.net/p/net-snmp/code/ci/3defab66a7aee60ba582a8254412abd2e630c321/

It turns out that when you specify a clientaddr, the steps the function takes are:

- zero out addr_pair
- store the remote address in addr_pair
- lookup the clientaddr
- zero out addr_pair
- store the clientaddr in addr_pair

The second zeroing out (added in cea974008da30de8d39a1f8ede7189265d93d598) results in the remote address being 0.0.0.0, which results in simply getting an error from sendto because you can not send to 0.0.0.0.

I'd like to merge this to master so that sessions using clientaddr work in the 5.8 release.

If you want to avoid that commit fc14e89dd2a2 ("ifm_media changed from u_int to uint64_t in OpenBSD 5.9") ends up on the master branch you will have to do a git cherry-pick instead of git merge. Otherwise I'm in favor of the above proposal.

Bart.