On Sun, May 13, 2018 at 09:31:58PM -0400, Robert Story wrote:
> On Sun, 13 May 2018 14:31:39 -0700 Bart wrote:
> BVA> The winExtDLL code assumes that sizeof(oid) == 4. Hence define
> BVA> the 'oid' type as unsigned int when building with MSVC, MinGW
> BVA> or Cygwin. This patch avoids that building winExtDLL with
> BVA> Cygwin64 fails on the following statement:
> BVA>
> BVA>         netsnmp_static_assert(sizeof(oid) == sizeof(UINT));
>
> I don't think this technically meets criteria for RC phase, but it
> would be nice if most platforms built, so I'll vote for this one
> for 5.8.

I changed the definition of oid from

typedef unsigned long oid;

typedef uint32_t oid;

a while back but that patch broke some precompiled HP managment module so it
got rolled back but it sure would be nice if sizeof(oid) == 4 was universally
true.

As it stands that patch is scheduled for Net-SNMP 6.0.

/MF