On Mon, Oct 8, 2018 at 9:46 PM Bart Van Assche <bvanass...@acm.org> wrote:

> On 10/8/18 3:00 AM, ClusterFuzz-External via monorail wrote:

> harda...@users.sourceforge.net, fen...@gmail.com, rst...@freesnmp.com
> Labels: Proj-net-snmp Type: Build-Failure New issue 10852 by
> ClusterFuzz-External: net-snmp: Build failure
> https://bugs.chromium.org/p/oss-fuzz/issues/detail?id=10852 The last 2
> builds for net-snmp have been failing. Build log:
> https://oss-fuzz-build-logs.storage.googleapis.com/log-8b5d8edb-027f-4a24-8603-32bc5eb09bf7.txt
> Build type: fuzzing To reproduce locally, please see:
> https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/blob/master/docs/reproducing.md#reproducing-build-failures
> If you have any questions, please file a bug on
> https://github.com/google/oss-fuzz/issues/new.
>

> In the build log I found the following:
>
> Step #4: In file included from ucd-snmp/proc.c:55:
> Step #4: ../../include/net-snmp/data_access/swrun.h:93:53: error: unknown
> type name 'netsnmp_regex_ptr'
> Step #4:     int  swrun_count_processes_by_regex(char *name,
> netsnmp_regex_ptr regexp);
> Step #4:                                                     ^
>
> So it seems like ClusterFuzz has trouble with the commit I checked in
> yesterday. That's weird. If I try to build Net-SNMP locally, the build
> passes. Travis and Appveyor also seem to be fine with the regex changes.
> See also https://travis-ci.org/bvanassche/net-snmp/builds and
> https://ci.appveyor.com/project/BVanAssche87257/net-snmp/history.

This is because the prototype is only protected with #ifndef
NETSNMP_FEATURE_REMOVE_SWRUN_COUNT_PROCESSES_BY_REGEX and doesn't have the
"#ifdef HAVE_PCRE_H" added to it, so if you compile without HAVE_PCRE_H,
the definition of netsnmp_regex_ptr is omitted, and the definition of the
function itself is omitted, but the header still declares the prototype.

  Bill