On Sun, Apr 28, 2019 at 7:52 PM net-snmp Git repository <
nore...@code.net-snmp.p.re.sourceforge.net> wrote:

> Branch: V5-8-patches
>
> configure: Determine endianness at compile time instead of at configure
> time
>
> The new test supports cross-compilation. In other words, --with-endianness
> no longer has to be specified during cross-compilation.
>
> By Bart Van Assche on 04/28/2019 20:40
> *View Changes*
> <https://sourceforge.net/p/net-snmp/code/ci/484524cda94838dfec8eb1ae92b069ea8ce448f6/>
>
> Hi Bart,

This change exposes md5.c's "big lie" of const-ness.  Before, it was hidden
behind #if BIG_ENDIAN, so I never saw it - now, it's exposed since
MDReverse(X) can be called at runtime.  Obviously, MDReverse(X) can modify
the value that's passed throughout as const.

For now I've patched my local copy to eliminate the const lie throughout
md5.[ch].

  Bill