----- Original Message -----
From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, July 21, 2004 7:21 AM
Subject: Running mib2c

> Hi!
>
> While running mib2c for generating skeleton code for my MIB, I get
> the following errors. Can anyone help me with this !!
>
> Thanks,
> Haris
>
>  -----------------------------------------------------------
> sh$ mib2c -c ../local/mib2c.create-dataset.conf myNode
>
> Cannot find module (IP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (IF-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (TCP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (UDP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMPv2-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMPv2-SMI): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (NOTIFICATION-LOG-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (UCD-SNMP-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (UCD-DEMO-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMP-COMMUNITY-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (UCD-DLMOD-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMP-MPD-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMP-USER-BASED-SM-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMP-NOTIFICATION-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 0 in (none)
> Cannot find module (SNMPv2-TM): At line 0 in (none)
> Couldn't find mib reference: myNode

Your path is wrong it doesnt know where you have installed the MIBS.
/usr/local/share/snmp/mibs is where the above can be found. Depending on
what OS
your running you may need to set environment variables such as MIBDIR and
MIBS=ALL etc
to find the above MIBS. You can of course examine the mib2c perl scripts
which are use to discover what you need
or refer to documentation on net-snmp web site.

Thanks,
Garyc