Hi Dave,

Yesterday, I mailed a query to the list but didn't get any response..In
case, it is missed I am resending the mail contents again. Please reply
soon..

a)    I have created a snmp v2 group using the command::
"snmpvacm -v2c -c public 10.254.24.227 createSec2Group 3 myGroup RWGroup"
which creates the group "myGroup".

Does only this command fulfills my requirement of creating a snmpv2 group??
I created 2-3 users using createUser command and given the names of these
users (comma seperated) at the place of myGroup in the above stated command.
This means I have created read-write group for these users. Is this right??
Please tell me as I am very confused!!

b)    Also I have created a view using command structure::
"snmpvacm -v2c -c public 10.254.24.227 createView myView 1.3.6.1.2.1.1 fe"
I think this also needs an access to be created along with it because
without "createAccess" it does not identify the view. Is it right??

c)    I think users can only be created in snmp v3. But how?? Actually my
requirement is implementing a command for creating a user. The command is as
follows:
"snmp-server user username groupname {v1 | v2c | v3[auth {md5 | sha}
auth-password priv des56 priv-password]}"

How come groupname is to be given for the user name??

Thanx and Regards!
Tina