From: Thomas Anders [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, October 07, 2004 1:00 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Subject: Re: net-snmp compile/make error.

Chirag Parekh wrote:
> I have been assigned with the task of setting up SNMP monitoring on HP-UX servers
> via net-snmp.
> I downloaded the net-snmp 5.1.2 source code from the net-snmp.org website and
> configured the s/w. But I am getting error when I run the make command.
[...]
>         /bin/sh ../libtool  --mode=link cc -g -Dhpux11  -rpath /usr/local/lib
> -version-info 6:2:1 -o libnetsnmp.la
> rm -fr .libs/libnetsnmp.la .libs/libnetsnmp.* .libs/libnetsnmp.*
> /usr/bin/ld -b +h libnetsnmp.sl.6 +b /usr/local/lib -o .libs/libnetsnmp.sl.6.2   -lc
> *** Error exit code 1

Can you run the latter command ("/usr/bin/ld ...") in smplib/ by hand and add a
verbose flag (whatever this is in your version of ld) to see why it fails?

+Thomas

Confidential
This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are the property
of Belkin Corporation and/or its affiliates, are confidential,
and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom this e-mail is addressed.  If you are not one
of the named recipients or otherwise have reason to believe
that you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the
sender and delete this message immediately from your computer.
Any other use, retention, dissemination, forwarding, printing
or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited.