Hi Dave,

> What do you mean by "pull a link" ?
My apologies. On our board we have optical fibers referred to as links. When
a link is pulled its state changes from IN-SERVICE
to OUT-OF-SERVICE. The oid associated with this link is of
NOTIFICATION_TYPE.

> Sorry - that doesn't make sense.
> NOTIFICATION-TYPE objects don't have values,
> and you can't SET them.

Ok thats the first thing cleared up. I thought I could just set a value and
a trap would be triggered.
Is there documentation or a code example of how I can generate a trap? How
do I trigger trap generation?

My apologies for the confusion. I misunderstood the usage of the
NOTIFICATION_TYPE.

Much appreciated,
Garyc