> I am having a problem I just can not figure out with snmptrapd. I simply
> wrote  traphandler script to echo Hello World out to the screen when a
> certain trap is detected.

Is that *all* that the trap handler does?
Does it try to read the list of trap varbinds which 'snmptrapd'
will pass to it?

I have a feeling that the traphandler doesn't cope very well
with a handler script that doesn't read these values in.

It certainly doesn't like it if the trap handler script isn't
there at all (see bug #884868), and I wouldn't be surprised if
a non-reading trap handler was similar.