Hello,

I'm trying to develop an snmp agent with the Perl Module NetSNMP::agent provided by
the NetSNMP project.
Here is a list of questions I'm eager to have an answer :

- When I build a new agent object with new NetSNMP::agent(Name => 'myAgent'),
apparently the library does not read the configuration file called myAgent.conf, even
if the file is located in the SNMP_HOME directory. Instead it reads the snmp.conf
file. But the real problem is that it does not seem to take into account what there is
in the snmp.conf file. For instance, the community is not used (the snmp manager can
give a wrong community, the agent answers to the request), the port is not used
(instead, it tries to open the 161 one), idem for the version, ... Is there a mistaske
with my configuration file :
    defaultPort 5000
    defVersion 2c
    defCommunity myCommunity

- Four parameters are given to the request handler :
    ($handler, $registration_info, $request_info, $requests)= @_;
What can I do with these variables, which methods can be used on them ? Are there more
methods available than the ones listed below ?
    $request_info->getMode()
    $request->next()
    $request->getOID()
    $request->getValue()
    $request->setValue($type, $value)

- Is it possible to answer directly to GETBULK request, instead of having a
translation of the GETBULK request into a series of GETNEXT requests by the C-written
wrapper agent ?

- About to set requests, it seems that the SET_BEGIN and SET_FREE mode are not used ?
Am I mistasken ?

- When I send a trap with the SNMP::SessionTrap package, I would like to be able to
set on my own the IP source and the agent name from which is sent the trap. Is it
possible to do that ?

Thank you for your answers, and excuse me for my bad English.

Gaël GRUNCHEC

This message contains information that may be privileged or confidential and is the
property of the Capgemini Group. It is intended only for the person to whom it is
addressed. If you are not the intended recipient,  you are not authorized to read,
print, retain, copy, disseminate,  distribute, or use this message or any part
thereof. If you receive this  message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete all  copies of this message.