Thomas Anders wrote:
Stephan A. Rickauer wrote:

And guess what? It works ... Does that mean there is such a critical bug in that version? I mean, that makes the rpm SuSE distributes unusable. Are you in contact with the SuSE guys to report these kind of problems so they could provide a fixed rpm?

Ideally the maintainer of the SuSE package is reading this list.
Then, still, it wouldn't be a bad idea to explicitely tell this bug
to SuSE, e.g. via http://www.suse.de/feedback .

I like people who believe this is an ideal world :) Ja, I already filled it out. My experience though tells me that nothing will happen. Other and even more critical things in other packages haven't been fixed though they have been reported as well ... anway - off topic.

FWIW, SuSE 9.2 finally ships with Net-SNMP 5.1.2, so you could also
grab the source rpm of that version and (try to) rebuild it on your
SuSE 9.1 box.

Ah, good idea. But it is not yet available online, is it?

Thanks again,
Stephan

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.Net email is sponsored by: InterSystems CACHE FREE OODBMS DOWNLOAD - A multidimensional database that combines robust object and relational technologies, making it a perfect match for Java, C++,COM, XML, ODBC and JDBC. www.intersystems.com/match8 _______________________________________________ Net-snmp-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] Please see the following page to unsubscribe or change other options: https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/net-snmp-users