On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 12:43:16 +0530 Kurapati wrote:
KMG> Refer to ipCidrRouteNumber in RFC2096, if I understand your question
KMG> correctly.

Unfortunately, that object isn't implemented yes in net-snmp.

The best bet that is currently going to work for HP-UX and Linux is going to be
walking a column of the ipRouteTable (like ipRouteDest) and counting the number
of responses. Warning: for machines with large route tables (several thousand
routes), this will take a while, and the timeout may need to be set really high
(like 30 seconds or more, depending on the table size).

The inetCidrRouteTable, new in 5.2 for Linux (any volunteers to port to HP-UX
or other platforms?), is much faster, at the expense of being a bit of a memory
hog.

--
Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.