Well, I found another problem.  As a good programmer should, I cleaned
up the problems found with the mib2c generated code for the 802dot11
MIB, and compiled to the point of generating the daemon, snmpd.  At that
point, during linking, I obtained an error regarding an undefined reference
to a routine, named *shutdown_ieee802dot11()* and it was not defined in
the source code generated for the MIB.  Yes, I added a stub for that
routine, recompiled and relinked, and the daemon was built to completion.

The issues are,

a) is this routine supposed to be generated by mib2c?

b) if not, is it a routine that I am supposed to generate manually?

c) if neither of the above, why did it show up as being necessary to the
daemon?

William R. Buckley
President
SoftNerd, A California Corporation