Dave:

Even with the ribbing, it is often quite a good laugh to read
your postings.  The good company remark made me laugh.

I did read the other reply, regarding the number of defines
being generated.  What you may not have realised is that
I am always generating for UCD format (or the v4 api, as you
call it - I will try to adopt this naming convention).  So,
why should I see differences in this case?  Is it owing to
the specifics of the configuration file used to guide operation
of mib2c?  That would seem likely.  Perhaps I will use the
v5.0.8 configuration with the 5.1.2 mib2c, and observe any
differences.

Then again, I will definitely download the 5.2 rc, and use its
mib2c.  Observations of behavior will be posted thereafter.

Now, I go home to sleep.

Bill