Robert Story (Users) wrote:

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 17:47:40 -0500 Rob wrote:
RK> >On Tue, 16 Nov 2004 17:06:16 -0500 Rob wrote:
RK> >RK> Any update on this? This makes our app. almost useless as the memory RK> >RK> usage gets unruly...for example:
RK> >RK>
RK> >http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1062954&group_id
RK> >=12694&atid=112694
RK> >
RK> "The snmpd leaks memory on every table modification query. The amount of RK> lost memory is significant. Another workaround is to restart snmpd every RK> couple of hours."
RK> RK> The following patch seems to help the problem but not alleviate it RK> completely: RK> "http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/net-snmp/net-snmp/agent/helpers/tab
RK> le_dataset.c?r1=5.24&r2=5.25"
RK> RK> Any ideas if another fix will be implemented in the production version RK> of 5.2?

No, 5.2 is in the final stages of the release process, and a memory leak isn't
sufficient cause to hold up the release. Hopefully someone will get a change to
investigate and fix it for 5.2.1/5.1.3.  Any info gleaned from dmalloc by your
developers will increase the likelyhood of this happening.

They were able to provide this:
Looks like memory allocated by call function netsnmp_oid_stash_add_data from
snmplib/oid_stash.c never deletes.

More infomation you can find in the updated bug report
http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1062954&group_id=12694&atid=112694