Guys,

I use version 5.1.1 of net-snmp. I actually switched to net-snmp from a previous SNMP API I was using, because of net-snmp multithreading capabilities.
I guess you can imagine what it takes to change your libraries. I read ALL your documentation including readme files, faq and tutorials and everything that comes with the distribution. I also made some simple tests and I liked the results.
But as soon as I started to work with SNMPv3, the crashes came. I spent days trying to figure out what's wrong. I was extremely dissapointed to find that net-snmp, and please correct me if I'm wrong, does NOT support MT with v3. I actually checked the code and found some places where the code is completely MT-unsafe.
Now, it's true that one FAQ says that, strictly speaking, net-snmp is not thread safe. But in the same FAQ it's also explained how to make it safe. There is also a whole MT readme file, that doesn't say a word about v3 not being safe.
I know this is an open source project, with no gurantee etc. etc. but I sencerly think that you should put a warning somewhere in the files you distribute. You can't even imagine how many resources it took from me to work around this problem.

I would appreciate your reply.

Regards,
Gil