We are trying to configure snmpv3 proxy to forward requests to another net-snmp box as described in the snmpd.conf man page but we are not having any luck.

On the proxy server snmpd.conf we have:
proxy -v 3 -Cn auth -u myuser -l authNoPriv -a SHA -A my_password remote_agent .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0 .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.6.0

On the manager system the get we issue is:
snmpget -v 3 -u myuser -l authNoPriv -a SHA -A my_password proxy_agent .1.3.6.1.2.1.1.5.0

Turning debugging on for the proxy agent and remote agent shows that the proxy agent is sending and receiving from the remote agent only on startup. After the daemon starts up, the proxy agent returns information about himself instead of passing the request on to the remote agent.

The manager and remote agent is version 5.0.1
The proxy agent is 5.0.8

We have looked at the docs and scanned the archives.
Any help would be appreciated.

Patrick Graham
Senior Secure Systems Analyst
BAE Systems Information Technology