I am able to successfully start master agent. But while extending the
agent with an example subagent, I am getting this error when I start
the subagent and send a get request for a mib variable-

./examplesubagent: relocation error: /usr/lib/libnetsnmpagent.so.5:
undefined symbol: hosts_ctl

Here is what I do,
Add the mib to tools. Verify using snmptranslate if it is loaded.
Compile subagent with net-snmp-config
Start the agent.
Start the subagent.
Send a get request for a mib variable in the subagent

And the result is -
./examplesubagent: relocation error: /usr/lib/libnetsnmpagent.so.5:
undefined symbol: hosts_ctl

Could you please tell what I may be doing wrong?

Any pointers will be appreciated,
Mark.