> WC> Also, in the MFD on-line documentation, at URL
> WC>
> WC> http://www.net-snmp.org/tutorial/tutorial-5/toolkit/mfd/
> WC>                   if-mib/ifTable/data_access.html
> WC>
> WC> the routine *_choose_proc_format* is not defined, and the meaning
> WC> and usage of constants like *NETSNMP_CACHE_PRELOAD* are not
> WC> defined.
>
> Hmmm... ok. Write up a bug report and I'll get that fixed. The proc format is
> just to handle the different file formats between Linux 2.2 and 2.4 kernels.
>
> CACHE_PRELOAD tells the cache registration routine to call the cache_load
> routine immediately, instead of waiting for the first request for the
> if-table.
> This ensures that, if the se based ifName/index mapping is used, it is
> available asap during startup.

I found a good reference to the problem noted above.  It can be reviewed
at the URL

    <http://docs.hp.com/en/B3901-90003/ch02s01.html>

under the section titled  Spreading Source Code Across Multiple Lines.

Again, this issue is with regard to the C Language, and since Net-SNMP is

written in the C Language, the MFD scripts ought to generate C Language

code, not C++ Language code.  I did check Stroustrup, and the relevant

section in his book The C++ Programming Language, second edition,

section r.16.1, page 607, Phases of Preprocessing, paragraph 7:

      [Adjacent string literals are concatenated.]

I will send a section of code produced by the MFD script to demonstrate
the specific issue in mib2c generated code.

WRB