From: Robert Story [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, March 08, 2005 2:18 PM
To: Ken Tse
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Sourceforge. Net (E-mail)
Subject: Re: snmpd.conf proc problem or general process gather problem

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 16:18:17 -0500 Ken wrote:
KT> net-snmp version 5.0.6
KT> OS REDHAT 8.x
KT>
KT> I checked on the server where I made my snmpd.conf file skeleton
KT> and it's
KT>
KT> net-snmp 5.0.9
KT>
KT> seems like the ones failing are forked processes
KT>
KT> Is this definitely a limitation of 5.0.6 and I should have to check
every
KT> box and upgrade them to at least 5.0.9?

We always recommend running the most recent release in a branch. In this
case,
that would be 5.0.6. You can check the changelog to see if anything obvious
jumps out between 5.0.6 and 5.0.9. Why not try upgrading one of them to
5.0.9,
and see if it works.

--
Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.

This electronic message contains information from Primus Telecommunications
Canada Inc. ("PRIMUS") , which may be legally privileged and confidential.
The information is intended to be for the use of the individual(s) or entity
named above. If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any
disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error, please
notify us by telephone or e-mail (to the number or address above)
immediately. Any views, opinions or advice expressed in this electronic
message are not necessarily the views, opinions or advice of PRIMUS.
It is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that
any attachments are virus free and PRIMUS bears no responsibility
for any loss or damage arising in any way from the use
thereof.The term "PRIMUS" includes its affiliates.