I am attempting that now.  Seems to be working ok...
I do get a bunch of 'warnings'..  assignment makes pointer from integer without
a cast
So far so good....  Its churning away ;-)  All this 'cuz I want the  '-O0'
output option :)

After quite awhile... At the very end..

cc: default_store.o: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target
`../blib/arch/auto/NetSNMP/default_store/default_store.so'
Current working directory /tmp/net-snmp-5.2.1/perl/default_store
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `subdirs'
Current working directory /tmp/net-snmp-5.2.1/perl
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `perlmodules'

P.S. Why does it not see 'autoconf' & 'autom4te' ?
I do have them in my PATH and I set '!#' to /usr/bin/perl
checking for autoconf... no
checking for autoheader... no

autoconf (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by David J. MacKenzie and Akim Demaille.

autom4te (GNU Autoconf) 2.59
Written by Akim Demaille.

Glenn