On 15 Apr 2005 09:40:42 +0530 Sasikumar wrote:
SB>   What i want to say is when i do get on the sysDescr with the community
SB> name empty or wrong name (This name is not present in the snmpd.conf)
SB> snmpd is responding for this get request with correct value.

That sounds like (a) you are running an older version of the agent, and (b)
there are NO community names found by the agent. Older agents that weren't
configured with a community string would accept any community string.

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-users>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.