And On Fri, 15 Apr 2005 09:53:57 -0400 Robert wrote:
RS> I'm pretty sure you can find the peer address in there somewhere, but I'm
RS> not sure about the local address.
RS>
RS> The easiest way to do that would be to have a different community string
RS> for each address.

I hadn't had my caffeine yet... you can do this by setting up contexts in the
snmpd.conf file access control. See the context discussion at

        http://www.freesnmp.com/net-snmp/faqs/#multidev

So in each module's init routine, you just have to register each object/table
that will respond differently N times with N contexts, where N is the number of
interfaces.

Note that if you are using sub-agents for this, I believe 5.2.1 is required
(5.1.2 might work, I can't remember). Earlier releases didn't pass context info
to sub-agents...

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-users>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.