Ok, tried deleting .index from /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs and it
didn't change anything. When I run that command you said, I get the
following:

snmptranslate -IR -Dread_config: sysContact
read_config:initmib: using mibdirs: /usr/local/share/snmp/mibs
read_config:initmib: using mibs: +VIA-PE-MIB
read_config:initmib: using mibs: +VIA-PE-MIB:VIA-PE-MIB
SNMPv2-MIB::sysContact

Wasn't /home/fabio/.snmp/mibs supposed to be in there too?
Thanks