From: Robert Story [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 11:55 PM
To: Andrey Brokanov
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: accounting traffic by ports

On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 18:28:55 +0400 Andrey wrote:
AB> We need to account network traffic dividing by ports and hosts using
SNMP.
AB> Is that possible and how can we do this with net-snmp agent?

Not by default. The ifTable only reports traffic by interface. So first
you'd need someplace to get the statistics from and a MIB to define the
structure of the more detailed traffic accounting. Then you'd need to
implement the code and link it into the agent.

If you only need a few specific bits of information, then you could use the
pass or extend directives in snmpd.conf to run a script/app to report on
those bits of information.

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-users>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.