On Thu, 2005-04-28 at 07:33, ericyosho wrote:
> it seems that when we try to access a scalar,we should
> end the oid with .0
>
> if in my code module,i register a scalar object as an
> instance,i can simply end up with the exact oid.
>
> are there any differences between these ways mentioned above?

Please see the archive of the coders list, where I have just
been explaining the difference between the 'instance' and
'scalar' helpers to Robert. (The thread "iterate vs scalar",
from yesterday - starting Wed 27th, 10:12 AM)

Short answer - register your object using the scalar helper,
omitting the final .0 subidentifier.  But when requesting this
value using "snmpget", you should *always* include this .0

Dave

> Do You Yahoo!?

No