Andy> I have just tested the new code from CVS - I didn't do a diff to
Andy> see the changes - just compiled and installed over what I had.

Andy> I bombarded the snmptrapd with traps and saw the memory
Andy> utilisation grow from 10MB to 50MB in a few minutes.

Did you put:

  dontRetainLogs true

in your snmptrapd.conf file?

Andy> Can I do some further testing here to help out debugging?

Yeah, install valgrind (valgrind.kde.org) and then run snmptrapd
*twice* under valgrind.  The first time send it a small number of
traps (say 10) and the next time run it and send it a much larger
number of traps (say 1000; some multiple of 10 from the first run).
Redirect both results to different files and then send both files to
me (privately as not everyone else wants to see them).

(the ">& file1" in this assumes csh based shells.  Use "> file1 2>&1"
for sh based ones.)

  sudo valgrind --tool=memcheck --show-reachable=yes --num-callers=64
--leak-check=yes snmptrapd -f -Le  >& file1

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.