Robert Story wrote:

On Wed, 8 Jun 2005 09:39:24 -0400 Robert wrote:
RS> That does sound like a bug in our agent. It should move on to the next
RS> tree. I'm not familair with the proxy code, but I can take a quick look and
RS> see if it's something easy.

I'm not sure if this will fix the issue, or if it is the right thing to do, but
it's the best I can come up with in 5 minutes.. Let me know if it helps...

I'll give it a try, but I got a fix from the Squid folks that's been
working for me.  See bug #1317 in the Squid Bugzilla database.
The Net-SNMP agent receives the getnext for the last OID returned
by my code and gives it back to my code.  I respond with NULL
because I don't have anything after that OID, so the agent turns
around and gives the same OID to Squid, which is registered
for the lexically next group of OIDs.  Squid broke things by returning
no-such-name.  With the Squid patch it responds with its first OID and
the walk proceeds happily down the Squid tree.
What confused me at first was the getnext with multiple OIDs issued
by the Net-SNMP agent to the Squid agent.  That only happened when
my MIB ended in a table.  When I stuck a dummy scalar at the end
it behaved more as I would expect.