From: Dave Shield [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, June 13, 2005 1:22 AM
To: Fong Tsui
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Remove v3 user

On Fri, 2005-06-10 at 23:38, Fong Tsui wrote:
> To create a v3 user, we need to add user in both regular
> snmpd.conf and the persist snmpd.conf.

That doesn't sound right.
It should only be necessary to put the 'createUser' entry
in the persistent snmpd.conf file.  You shouldn't need one
in the main snmpd.conf file as well.

> When removing a v3 user, we need to remove the user from both files.

Delete the user from the usmUserTable (usmUserStatus.xxx = 6)
When the agent next shuts down, it will re-write the persistent
file *without* the deleted user entry.