On Fri, 2005-06-17 at 22:20, Wang Yinyan-AYW003 wrote:
> I downloaded source code of  net-snmp-5.2.1 and extracted and try to
> install the perl module.  Following the instruction of INSTALL, I need
> to run "./configure".

Not correct.
Have another look at the INSTALL file.

Under "Installing the Perl/SNMP Module" it says:

 If you wish to build the perl modules by hand, *install Net-SNMP
 first* and then change directories to the perl subdirectory and:

   Run:
            cd perl
            perl Makefile.PL
            make
            make test
            make install (as root)

You do *not* need to run configure in order to install the
perl module.