Dave> There are 2 problems I have.  The first is that when I manually kill the
Dave> process, it does not get started again by the snmp daemon.  The
Dave> pcsprofilestart script is not called.  The second (related, I believe)
Dave> issue is that when I set the value of prErrFix.1 (which I understand
Dave> needs to be set to 1 in order for the daemon to restart the monitored
Dave> process), it instead is set to some other value (eg. 127, or 137, as
Dave> above).  Currently, I cannot even set it back to 0.

The agent will not try to fix the process *until* you perform an SNMP
set to the prErrFix column.  If that's not working, however, you'll
need to debug the command you're using to fix the process for problems
(first step: make sure it's getting called).  you can do things like
echo text to a file as it's doing stuff to see what happens.

Dave> bash-2.03$ snmpset -c private -v 2c localhost:1161 prErrFix.1 i 0
Dave> UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrFix.1 = INTEGER: 0
Dave> bash-2.03$ snmpget -c public -v 2c localhost:1161 prErrFix.1
Dave> UCD-SNMP-MIB::prErrFix.1 = INTEGER: 137

Dave> What am I missing here?

It's a 'button'...  you shouldn't need to reset it to 0.  just set it
when you want it and ignore and get answers from it.

--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.