On Sun, 17 Jul 2005 19:44:50 -0700 (PDT) Stuart wrote:
SK> is there a limit to the number of 'mibdirs' i can specify in snmp.conf?

There is a limit to the line length.

SK> at the moment, my snmp.conf looks like this:
SK>
SK> mibs ALL
SK> mibdirs
SK> /opt/vdops/share/snmp/mibs:/opt/vdops/share/snmp/mibs/APC:/opt/vdops/sha
SK> re/snmp/mibs/Axis:/opt/vdops/share/snmp/mibs/BlackBerry:/opt/vdops/share/s

SK> i'm trying to use directories to keep my MIB file collection organized ...
SK> what schemes do other folks use to accomplish this?

Try

 mibdirs +/opt/vdops/share/snmp/mibs
 mibdirs +/opt/vdops/share/snmp/mibs/APC

Of course, you can add more than one per line:

 mibdirs +/opt/vdops/share/snmp/mibs:/opt/vdops/share/snmp/mibs/APC:/xxx

So just break your current line into a few smaller ones, using '+'.

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-users>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.