From: Robert Story [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 04, 2005 11:19 AM
To: Andy Ford
Cc: net-snmp-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: SNMPTRAP multiple port binding

On Wed, 20 Jul 2005 17:02:38 +0100 Andy wrote:
AF> What I am after is snmptrapd passing the port number of the trap
AF> currently being processed to the traphandler script. So essentially, the
AF> first line from the traphandler output would be 'port:9999' (if the f/w
AF> forwarded from port 162->9999). The only other way of differentiating
AF> between the remote networks (as they may share the same private address
AF> range (this is ultimately what I am trying to achieve here!!)) is to
AF> fire up more than one snmptrapd process and traphandler.

There is no way to do it out of the box, but it probably wouldn't be too hard
to hack up your local version to do that...

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-users>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.

This e-mail is private and may be confidential and is for the intended
recipient only.  If misdirected, please notify us by telephone and confirm that
it has been deleted from your system and any copies destroyed.  If you are not
the intended recipient you are strictly prohibited from using, printing,
copying, distributing or disseminating this e-mail or any information contained
in it.  We use reasonable endeavours to virus scan all e-mails leaving the
Company but no warranty is given that this e-mail and any attachments are virus
free.  You should undertake your own virus checking.  The right to monitor
e-mail communications through our network is reserved by us.