On Wed, 14 Sep 2005 04:50:13 -0700 (PDT) Soori wrote:
S> > You can also try some of the other helpers, which do
S> not require a complete
S> > iteration through the data for every request.
S>
S> I request you to suggest other helpers to use ?

Well, the cache helper can be added with the iterator helper to only read in
the file every N seconds, but doesn't help that iterating over the entire data
set is needed every time.

The array-user and table_dataset helpers both keep the data sorted in memory,
so searching is more efficient. however, there is no mechanism to associate
the data with the file. I'm pretty sure the cache helper could be shoe-horned
in to array-used, but I'm not sure about the table dataset.

The mibs for dummies (MFD) helper is the newest helper, with integrated
support for the cache helper. It will also keep the data (or potentially just
the indexes) sorted in memory for faster looksups.

--
NOTE: messages sent directly to me, instead of the lists, will be deleted
      unless they are requests for paid consulting services.

Robert Story; NET-SNMP Junkie
Support: <http://www.net-snmp.org/> <irc://irc.freenode.net/#net-snmp>
Archive: <http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/forum.php?forum=net-snmp-users>

You are lost in a twisty maze of little standards, all different.