>I found something in an email that suggested defining HAVE_NETDB_H in
>net-snmp-config.h.  I have done that and now it bombs here:

>system.c:650: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type

The fix to configure.in that Robert put into CVS fixed this as well.

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal and or privileged
recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or take action
relying on it. Any communication received in error, or subsequent reply,
should be deleted or destroyed.