Dave Shield wrote:
On Tue, 2005-10-18 at 09:34 -0700, Ravi Malghan wrote:
Hi: I want to install UCD-SNMP with just the SNMP
utilities (primarily snmpget, snmpwalk) for Solaris 9.
[...]
2. if not how do I create one.
What do I need to do before I run configure?

        - unpack (full) source
        - run configure
        - (cd snmplib ; make)
        - (cd apps ; make ; make install )
        - (cd mibs ; make install)

That ought to give you a client-only installation.

Ravi, when you say "UCD-SNMP", do you really mean the old 4.x version?

Because with reasonably recent 5.x versions ("NET-SNMP"), e.g. 5.2.2.rc1, this unfortunately won't work since apps/snmptrapd depends on agent stuff. Which reminds me to start a discussion on the net-snmp-coders list about this. See you there!

+Thomas