On Tue, 2005-10-25 at 11:10 +0530, Sumalatha_Nadella wrote:
>  But when I configure the file with
>     ./configure –with-mib-modules=”examples/notification” ,
> I am getting errors.

Such as?

>  Can anyone please help me out in doing the needed so that I can send
> my own messages to the agent by running the notification.c file.

Actually sending a notification from the agent is fairly
straightforward - it just requires calling "send_v2trap"
(or similar) at the appropriate time.   This is what the
'notification.c' file is intended to illustrate.

The hard bit tends to be deciding *when* to send the trap.
Sending the same trap regularly (as notification.c does)
isn't typically very useful.