I'm using v5.1.1 (soon to upgrade to v5.2.2) and I have a sub-agent
which stores data in a persisent store (/var/net-snmp/my-subagent.conf).
 In my subagent, I have:

    //----------------------------------------
    // Handle persistent storage of per-port link up/down trap enable

    // The read callback
    for (port = 1; port < numports; ++port) {
        char token[128];
        sprintf(token, "%s_%d", TRAP_CONFIG_TOKEN, port);
        register_config_handler(NULL,
                                token,
                                parseTrapEnable,
                                NULL,
                                NULL);
    }

    // The store callback
    snmp_register_callback(SNMP_CALLBACK_LIBRARY,
                           SNMP_CALLBACK_STORE_DATA,
                           storeTrapEnable,
                           0);

On startup the values get read from the persistent store and on shutdown
the store is rewritten.  However, I want to be able to change the file
while snmpd (and the sub-agent) are running and have the values re-read.

I found code in the agent to re-read configuration when a SIGHUP is
received but changing my-subagent.conf and issuing SIGHUP to snmpd
didn't reread the persistent store.  Am I missing something?  Is there
another callback I need to register for reconfig?  Do I need to send
SIGHUP to my sub-agent?