On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 12:02 +0100, Palmentieri Nunzio wrote:
> Ok, thank you very much. I solved the problem.
> The problem was:
>
> Under /var/agentx I had a directory called master, and not a file.

Yup - that would stop things working all right!
(And not something that I would have thought of suggesting).

> So what I did was:
> 1) Remove the master directory
> 2) touch master

Not actually necessary - the master agent will
create this socket automatically when it starts
up (and delete it again when it shuts down)

> 3) start master agent (without AgentXSocket myserver:5000 in conf
> file) and
>    it worked
> 4) start the subagent, and it worked
> 5) perform a snmpget , and it worked.
>
> Thank you again for your precious support.

No problem.
You did the work - I just asked the right questions :-)