On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 08:09 -0500, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> I'm cross-building for an embedded environment so "make test"
> is hard to do, at best.

I suspect it may have something to do with this embedded
environment.  I've just tried running the 5.2.2.rc6 code
(built from a default "./configure").
  Both master and subagent generate startup traps, which
are received by the trap handler quite happily.  And if
I enable authentication failure traps, they're received
by the trap handler too.

So the basic functionality is certainly active.