Traps get dropped when lareg numbers sent in a short period of time.
there appears to be some limitation in the number of trap snmptrapd
can deal with. If I simulate our application in generating large
number(1000) of traps in a short period of time I seem to get about
700 through the rest get dropped/lost somewhere. I have check UDP
overflow counters and it appears this is not a operating system issue.
I have also confirmed using snoop that all 1000 traps arrive at the
server and are not being dropped by the network.
Has anyone faced a similar problem??
how can I overcome this??

Amit Yadav