Hi,

I've started using Net-SNMP recently and had the same problem. After
trying the various sorts of things that you also have tried, I finally
discovered that the .so file wasn't being linked in (spotted by a
colleague). Setting the LD_LIBRARY_PATH fixed this for me. Specifically,
I added "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib" to my .bashrc

I'm using Red Hat Enterprise, with the 2.6.9-5 kernel. I hope this fixes
it for you too, but your mileage may vary.

Raffles

PS Other stuff I did - removed the default SNMP install that came with
the OS, installed 5.2.2 (I started out with 5.2.1.2).

Visit our website at www.roke.co.uk

Roke Manor Research Ltd, Roke Manor, Romsey, Hampshire SO51 0ZN, UK.

The information contained in this e-mail and any attachments is proprietary to
Roke Manor Research Ltd and must not be passed to any third party without
permission. This communication is for information only and shall not create or
change any contractual relationship.