Hi,
I am new to net-snmp and this Group.
I have installed net-snmp 5.2.2 in Redhat Linux 9.0 from source code with the specified patch.
After installation i have configured the snmpd.conf using "snmpconf" utility.
I have created the file and placed in the appropriate directory "/usr/local/share/snmp".

Now i would like to test the System MIB output.

I didnt done any thing after Insallation and Configuration of snmpd.conf.

After starting the snmpd service, i gave the "snmptranslate" command to get the OID of "SNMPv2-MIB::system.sysUpTime".
I am able to get the OID as expected
But when i try to get the value using "snmpget", i am not getting the value. It is givng the message as "timeout:No response from localhost".
Even i am not able to get the output for "snmpwalk". Same timeout message is coming.

I am not sure that any further configuration/compilation is required to access the System MIB. I thought that i can access system MIB with out any further configuration.

The below information is for your reference...

# service snmpd status
snmpd (pid 1830) is running...

# snmptranslate -On SNMPv2-MIB::system.sysUpTime
.1.3.6.1.2.1.1.3

# snmpget -v 2c -c public localhost system.sysUpTime
Timeout: No Response from localhost.

When i am building, i didnt enabled perl modules as i thought those are not required.
I gave the following command sequence
#./configure
#make
#make test