hi,
I checked with other irix users. They also got the
same error message.
Actually uxsyserr file is not present on irix machine.
snmpd daemon is looking for this file and file is not
present on irix machine. so it give no such file or
directory error and exit.

I checked IRIX version 6.5.6.3.and 6.2 also. but i got
same error message.
Is there any other option to load net-snmp package.
There is no README file for IRIX . Can you give any
suggesions on this issue?

warm reagrds,
Ganesh

--- Thomas Anders <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ganesh Wagh wrote:
> > I downloaded net-snmp 5.3.rc2 version for irix
> > machine. I compiled and installed successfully
> > package.
> >
> > While running snmpd daemon as root i am getting
> error
> > nlist:no such file and directory
>
> Are there any other IRIX users out there? We'd like
> to hear whether
> others can reproduce this.
>

> +Thomas
>
> --
> Thomas Anders (thomas.anders at blue-cable.de)

> you grep through log files
> for problems?  Stop!  Download the new AJAX search
> engine that makes
> searching your log files as easy as surfing the
> web.  DOWNLOAD SPLUNK!

Best Regards,

Ganesh Wagh
Scientist/Engineer 'SD'
Advanced Data Processing Research Institute,
Department of Space,Govt of India.