On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 12:07 -0500, Basker Janakiram wrote:

> What I am trying to achieve is to send trap to 300 and
> I don’t want to specify community string.
>
> trap2sink 192.168.52.10 300
>
> What is happening is the trap2sink is still sending the trap on port
> 162. The port 300 that I specified is used as a community string.

Because that's what you've asked for.

    $ man snmpd.conf
            :
    trap2sink HOST [COMMUNITY [PORT]]

The third field (if present) is the community string, and the
*fourth* field (if present) is the port number. If you are
specifying the port number explicitly as a separate field,
then you *must* also specify a community string.

> How to fix this problem?

    trap2sink    192.168.52.10:300